Subject: Re: audio/flac broken with 2.0
To: Ben Collver <ben@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/19/2004 12:15:26
Hello,

> > this should be fixed in bsd.prefs.mk, not in Makefiles of individual
> > packages.
>
> Okay!  I agree with you that it would be better to make a general fix.
> Do you mean that MACHINE_PLATFORM should be modified by defs.${OPSYS}.mk?

Looks like AIX' uname is the culprit, its behaviour is only partially consistent with other UNIXes - I guess I'll write a wrapper script that returns the proper OS version on uname -r ( AIX returns the minor version number while others return the whole version string, which is what buildlink seems to expect ), power or powerpc on uname -m ( AIX returns some hexadecimal architecture identifier which can't be easily used to distinguish between CPU types ) and so on. I hope that won't break too much...
bsd.pkg.mk calls uname over and over again so an uname that mimics a BSDish uname would be easier.

have fun
Michael