Subject: heimdal and kerberos tools and more
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/18/2004 21:36:06
I was building security/heimdal under Linux. I need heimdal because
something it provides is required for kdelibs3.

I had some problems.

First it listed info/ files in PLIST and it needed a yacc. I fixed thos
problems.

Then it overwrote some shadow and coreutils (because I use empty
GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX) files.

I think heimdal should install using "k" prefix by default. For now, I
set in my mk.conf:

PKG_OPTIONS.heimdal+=   prefix-cmds

But my PLIST didn't match up for klogin, krshd, ktelnetd, klogin.1,
krsh.1, ktelnet.1, krshd.1 and ktelnetd.1.

Because they were installed without "k" prefix.

For example, my libexec directory now has:

ipropd-master
ipropd-slave
hprop
hpropd
kdc
kadmind
kpasswdd
kftpd
popper
push
rshd
telnetd
kfd

I think they all should be prefixed by "k".

Or better yet, split this big package up. These kerberos services are not
popular. And again my goal is to get kdelib3 to build.

Any comments?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/