Subject: Re: get
To: John R. Shannon <shannonjr@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/18/2004 09:30:47
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, John R. Shannon wrote:

> I studied your package after you E-mailed me previously. Because this update
> to the existing package I tried to follow the existing PLIST rather than
> introducing additional software. Should I do otherwise? Would you rather
> replace devel/gettext-lib with your wip/gettext-runtime?

Maybe your devel/gettext-lib would be fine. Then for the ngettext and
gettext tools and et cetera, we could use gettext-runtime. And then for
even more tools, install gettext-tools. The gettext-m4 is not needed.

Thanks for doing this.

I think if you update devel/gettext-lib probably devel/gettext should be
done too (or removed in favor of the gettext-runtime and gettext-tools).
It should use a shared Makefile.common because using same distfile.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/