Subject: Re: gimp broken on 2.0
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/16/2004 17:47:11
Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> When trying to start gimp (2.0) on a newly installed 2.0_RC4 system, it
> complains that there's an old libfontconfig installed (1.x, while
> expecting 2.x) and aborts.
>
> The problem is obviously that it first picks the old one in /usr/X11R6/lib
> instead of the new one in /usr/pkg/lib, setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH fixes it,
> but that's no real solution.
>
> Anyone got an idea on how to fix it?

On my system, ldd `which gimp` says:

        -lfontconfig.1 => /usr/pkg/lib/libfontconfig.so.1

So, apparently, it has a rpath compiled in into the binary. And it
works fine. The binary is compiled via make update after latest
libtool-related pkgsrc turmoil.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-