Subject: Re: pkg_comp and packages generated
To: Daniel Bolgheroni <dbolgheroni@unifei.edu.br>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/15/2004 14:39:49
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:14:30 +0000
Daniel Bolgheroni <dbolgheroni@unifei.edu.br> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm building some packages for NetBSD 1.6 with pkg_comp in a NetBSD
> 2.0_BETA environment. But I'm not sure the packages created really is
> for NetBSD 1.6.
>
> In the config file, there is a variable NETBSD_RELEASE which is set
> to "no". Do I need to set it up to some value like "1.6" or just the
> fact that the binary sets _is_ NetBSD 1.6 is enought?

     NETBSD_RELEASE
             Specifies which version number of NetBSD is installed inside the
             chroot.  If set to `no', no special action is taken (this is use-
             ful if the system version inside the chroot matches the outside
             one).  Otherwise, the file /libkver_osrelease inside the chroot
             will hold this variable's value.  The pkgsrc system will pick up
             this file and fake the uname(1) command's output.  Defaults to
             `no'.

Also read pkgsrc/pkgtools/libkver/DESCR.

(If you don't use it, your packages will be for 1.6 but won't have the right
version number hardcoded in them).

> Just an observation: I had problems compiling some packages, mainly
> abiword and gnumeric, both using pkg_comp and shell script "build"
> compiling inside a sandbox. But, even with the same pkgsrc database,
> when I "make package", these packages are created succesfully.

This sounds like a problem building these packages in a 1.6 environment.

Cheers

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/