Subject: Re: pkglint and COMMENT
To: Roland Illig <roland.illig@gmx.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/14/2004 20:02:05
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Roland Illig wrote:

> Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > I updated pkglint today and now I get for several (all?) packages:
> >
> > WARN: possible direct use of "
> > COMMENT=        Compress or expand files
> > " found in Makefile. if so, use ${PORTSDIR} instead.
>
> Could you give me an example of a package? I did not find one myself.

It appears to be every package. I will have to look closer to see where
this is broken.

rainier:/usr/pkgsrc/www/tinyproxy$ pkglint -v
OK: config: portsdir: "" rcsidstr: "NetBSD" localbase: /usr/pkg
OK: checking Makefile.
OK: Makefile: called readmakefile
OK: Makefile:57: including ./../../security/openssl/buildlink3.mk
OK: ../../security/openssl/buildlink3.mk: called readmakefile
OK: checking contiguous blank lines in Makefile.
OK: checking for $(VARIABLE).
OK: checking for PATCHDIR, SCRIPTDIR, FILESDIR, PKGDIR, DIGEST_FILE.
OK: PATCHDIR: patches, SCRIPTDIR: scripts, FILESDIR: files, PKGDIR: .,
DISTINFO: distinfo

OK: checking INTERACTIVE_STAGE.
OK: checking USE_BUILDLINK2.
OK: checking for PLIST_SRC.
OK: checking for unneeded failure check on directory creation.
OK: checking direct use of command names.
OK: checking direct use of full pathnames in Makefile.
OK: checking direct use of pathnames, phase 1.
WARN: possible direct use of "
COMMENT=        Lightweight HTTP/SSL proxy
" found in Makefile. if so, use ${PORTSDIR} instead.
OK: checking direct use of pathnames, phase 2.
OK: checking comment section of Makefile.
OK: $NetBSD$ seen in Makefile.
WARN: is it a new package? if so, make $NetBSD$ tag in comment section
empty, to make CVS happy.
OK: checking first section of Makefile. (DISTNAME/...)
OK: checking the order of DISTNAME section.
OK: seen DISTNAME, in order.
OK: seen PKGREVISION, in order.

I don't even know what "PORTSDIR" is...

 Jeremy C. Reed