Subject: pkg_comp and packages generated
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Bolgheroni <dbolgheroni@unifei.edu.br>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/14/2004 18:14:30
Hi,

I'm building some packages for NetBSD 1.6 with pkg_comp in a NetBSD
2.0_BETA environment. But I'm not sure the packages created really is
for NetBSD 1.6.

In the config file, there is a variable NETBSD_RELEASE which is set
to "no". Do I need to set it up to some value like "1.6" or just the
fact that the binary sets _is_ NetBSD 1.6 is enought?

Just an observation: I had problems compiling some packages, mainly
abiword and gnumeric, both using pkg_comp and shell script "build"
compiling inside a sandbox. But, even with the same pkgsrc database,
when I "make package", these packages are created succesfully.

Thank you.