Subject: Re: DragonFly and pkgsrc
To: Merritt Draney <tmdraney@cox.net>
From: Lars Nordlund <lars.nordlund@hem.utfors.se>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/12/2004 21:55:38
On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 23:40 -0400, Merritt Draney wrote:
> Well I downloaded pkgsrc onto a DragonFly system and did not get too
> far.  I think if I can trick it into thinking it is FreeBSD or at least
> just BSD in general I could at least have a starting point.  Here is the
> output from bootstrap

You can get past this by updating the config.sub and config.guess in
pkgsrc/pkgtools/libnbcompat/files to the latest versions available (that
has support for DragonFly).

After that you need to create some files specifying the DragonFly
platform in pkgsrc/mk. I started with the freebsd files and modified
them for dragonfly. The biggest problem was to figure out that 'patch'
on DragonFly seems to be the openbsd version with some flags changed. -b
should be --suffix, I believe.

Right now the simple stuff builds for me. I am currently struggling with
libtool. I need to make some special patches, it seems. Not even the
latest version of libtool seems to have support for DragonFly yet. Some
patches are floating around though.

I don't think faking FreeBSD is the way forward here. There will
probably be too many differences between them anyway.

I can probably make the pkgsrc fixes available next week or so. Need
some more time on it.

Best regards,
	Lars Nordlund