Subject: Re: defaulting rc.d scripts to share/examples/rc.d
To: Johnny C. Lam <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/11/2004 15:25:20
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Johnny C. Lam wrote:

> 	" RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR can't be an absolute path."
> .endif

I did this a little differently:

Hope that is okay.

> FWIW, I think the change to use share/examples/rc.d is a good idea.
> In general, the files in /usr/pkg/etc are all config files, and we
> really shouldn't install stuff there that we don't want to be modified.

I have done the first step of the commits to make sure that the use of
RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR is now relative subdirectory of ${PREFIX}.

Then probably tomorrow I will change to share/examples/rc.d.

It was suggested that I bump the PKGREVISIONs for all the
RCD_SCRIPTS-using packages.

At this time we should also start working on an automated consistent
output about using the rc.d scripts. (We should probably include all the
output into the +DISPLAY file while we are at it.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links