Subject: Swedish characters in GTK2 programs
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Lars Nordlund <lars.nordlund@hem.utfors.se>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/11/2004 19:49:08
Hello

I have some problems with some of the pkgsrc programs using GTK2. They
are gaim and evolution. xchat2 works fine though. Googling has led me to
believe that the problem is UTF(8/16)-related. GTK1 uses the regular
locale thingy (which worked fine as far as I remember) and GTK2 only
supports UTFx which seems to have some problems..

My LC_CTYPE is set to sv_SE.ISO8859-1.

The thing that makes me blame NetBSD is that the same programs work in
FreeBSD using the same login scripts, but considering the amount of
Europeans active in pkgsrc makes me believe that the fault is on my
side..

Any ideas?

Best regards
	Lars Nordlund