Subject: DragonFly and pkgsrc
To: None <>
From: Merritt Draney <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/10/2004 23:40:08
Well I downloaded pkgsrc onto a DragonFly system and did not get too
far.  I think if I can trick it into thinking it is FreeBSD or at least
just BSD in general I could at least have a starting point.  Here is the
output from bootstrap

# ./bootstrap
===> bootstrap command: ./bootstrap
===> bootstrap started: Sun Oct 10 23:38:58 EDT 2004
This platform (DragonFly) is untried - good luck, and thanks for using
Working directory is: work
===> Building libnbcompat
===> running: (cd work/libnbcompat; /bin/sh ./configure -C
--prefix=/usr/pkg --s
ysconfdir=/usr/pkg/etc && make)
configure: loading cache config.cache
checking build system type... ./config.guess: unable to guess system type

This script, last modified 2002-07-09, has failed to recognize
the operating system you are using. It is advised that you
download the most up to date version of the config scripts from

If the version you run (./config.guess) is already up to date, please
send the following data and any information you think might be
pertinent to <> in order to provide the needed
information to handle your system.

config.guess timestamp = 2002-07-09

uname -m = i386
uname -r = 1.1-CURRENT
uname -s = DragonFly
uname -v = DragonFly 1.1-CURRENT #0: Sun Oct 10 19:07:40 EDT 2004

/usr/bin/uname -p = i386
/bin/uname -X     =

hostinfo               =
/bin/universe          =
/usr/bin/arch -k       =
/bin/arch              =
/usr/bin/oslevel       =
/usr/convex/getsysinfo =

UNAME_VERSION = DragonFly 1.1-CURRENT #0: Sun Oct 10 19:07:40 EDT
2004     merri
configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one
===> exited with status 1