Subject: DragonFly and pkgsrc
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Merritt Draney <tmdraney@cox.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/10/2004 23:40:08
Well I downloaded pkgsrc onto a DragonFly system and did not get too
far.  I think if I can trick it into thinking it is FreeBSD or at least
just BSD in general I could at least have a starting point.  Here is the
output from bootstrap

# ./bootstrap
===> bootstrap command: ./bootstrap
===> bootstrap started: Sun Oct 10 23:38:58 EDT 2004
This platform (DragonFly) is untried - good luck, and thanks for using
pkgsrc
Working directory is: work
===> Building libnbcompat
===> running: (cd work/libnbcompat; /bin/sh ./configure -C
--prefix=/usr/pkg --s
ysconfdir=/usr/pkg/etc && make)
configure: loading cache config.cache
checking build system type... ./config.guess: unable to guess system type

This script, last modified 2002-07-09, has failed to recognize
the operating system you are using. It is advised that you
download the most up to date version of the config scripts from

    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/config/

If the version you run (./config.guess) is already up to date, please
send the following data and any information you think might be
pertinent to <config-patches@gnu.org> in order to provide the needed
information to handle your system.

config.guess timestamp = 2002-07-09

uname -m = i386
uname -r = 1.1-CURRENT
uname -s = DragonFly
uname -v = DragonFly 1.1-CURRENT #0: Sun Oct 10 19:07:40 EDT 2004
merritt@po
pcorn.hr.cox.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL

/usr/bin/uname -p = i386
/bin/uname -X     =

hostinfo               =
/bin/universe          =
/usr/bin/arch -k       =
/bin/arch              =
/usr/bin/oslevel       =
/usr/convex/getsysinfo =

UNAME_MACHINE = i386
UNAME_RELEASE = 1.1-CURRENT
UNAME_SYSTEM  = DragonFly
UNAME_VERSION = DragonFly 1.1-CURRENT #0: Sun Oct 10 19:07:40 EDT
2004     merri
tt@popcorn.hr.cox.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL
configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one
===> exited with status 1
aborted.