Subject: install-sh in pkgsrc
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Georg Schwarz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 10/10/2004 20:28:07
The current pkgsrc contains 10 copies of install-sh; most of them differ
from the others.
The one installed in LOCALBASE seems to come from
There seem to be a few issues with it:
- the *PROG defines are not set by pkgsrc
- when using -d (i.e. $dir_arg is true) only the first argument is used;
i.e. only one directory is created (because msrc=$src)
Is it supposed to be possible to create more than one directory?
- it should not be instcmd=mkdir but rather instcmd="$mkdirprog" (or
better with -p)?
- when a directory specified with -d already exists it is not chmoded
(but chowned, chgrouped)
- if several sources files are specified, only the first one is checked
to be an existing file.
- If several source files with partial path are specified, only the
first one's path is created, if missing.
Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
email@example.com +49 177 8811442