Subject: Re: pkg/27162: pkgsrc creates an inadequate /etc/shells if it doesn't
To: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/08/2004 09:28:44
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Gavan Fantom wrote:

> * Not update /etc/shells if it's not present. This is easy to do, but
> leaves users of the shells installed from pkgsrc unable to log in without
> intervention from the administrator.

I think this is the correct method. We should have some option to say if
it is okay to create the shells file or not. (Under Linux, the packages
create my /etc/shells file for me and it is fine.)

Also make sure that that it is noted clearly so the administrator knows.

(Would be good to get +INSTALL output part of the +DISPLAY which can
also be emailed.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/