Subject: wrapper bug in -D*
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/07/2004 20:35:19
Alistair Crooks has helped me to discover a bug in the wrapper scripts
that will affect compilations of at least audio/arts.  The bug manifests
itself by converting

-DARTSC_BACKEND="/usr/pkg/lib/libartscbackend.la"

into

-DARTSC_BACKEND="/usr/pkgsrc/audio/arts/work/.buildlink/lib/libartscbackend.la"

This is due to a difference between the wrapper framework and the old
buildlink3 wrappers where the new ones will even look at -D* for
possible transformations.

I will endeavor to fix this tonight, but I just wanted to let package
builders know of this issue since it will impact package rebuilds which
seem to be happening a lot after the recent libtool changes and fixes.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>