Subject: Re: abiword won't print properly?
To: Paul (NCC/CS). <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/07/2004 21:10:53
Hello,

> Fantastic! Thks. I pkg_deleted abiword 2.0.5 and built and
> installed abiword1.  the printing is FINE:)!
>
> And the spell checker workd as well.
> So thanks. I get to keep NetBSD on the desktop.
>

> Actually one other question, when you want to build a
> snapshot version of something in pkgsrc,
>
> how do you do that?
> do you have to alter something in the pkgsrc tree?
> ( ie i don't know how to build 2.1.8 ).

Unless you want to build up your own package, the best thing to do when
you just try out a beta-type version is to download it and configure it
the way it goes, maybe with setenv'ing CPPFLAGS to -I/usr/pkg/include
and LDFLAGS to -L/usr/pkg/lib. You can add also compilation flags by
setenv'ing CXXFLAGS ou CCFLAGS.

So, when you make install your beta-version, it goes into the /usr/local
tree, which does not conflict with /usr/pkg. You can then either specify
the whole path to choose the version you want to use, or modify your
PATH variable and rehash to mask /usr/pkg/bin by /usr/local/bin, for
example.

Good luck !
Vincent