Subject: Re: pkgsrc on Solaris
To: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
From: Robert Lillack <lillack@mis.mpg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/07/2004 17:14:19
Gavan Fantom wrote:

> At present roughly half of pkgsrc builds on Solaris. Recent infrastructure
> changes have made a significant difference on Solaris, and should prove to
> be useful in fixing common problems in the not too distant future.

[...]

One thing that could be useful to achive this goal (half of the
packages work) is manually setting

AWK=/opt/local/pkg/bin/gawk

in /etc/mk.conf *after* installing gawk from pkgsrc. Also, many
packages seem to have trouble with Solaris' sed and need
USE_GNU_TOOLS+=sed in their Makefile. I'm going to report these,
if I find the time.

Cheers, Rob.
--
  +- Robert Lillack ------------------ lillack@mis.mpg.de -+
 /  Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences  /