Subject: Re: pkgsrc on Solaris
To: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/06/2004 23:41:26
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 sigsegv@rambler.ru wrote:

> So I guess I just wanted to find out what was the status of pkgsrc for other
> platforms, i.e. does most of the effort go into testing that everything works
> on NetBSD and if there is time then other platforms get tested, or is it all
> maintained together as a single unit? Should I report broken packages on
> Solaris?

At present roughly half of pkgsrc builds on Solaris. Recent infrastructure
changes have made a significant difference on Solaris, and should prove to
be useful in fixing common problems in the not too distant future.

There are a few of us running regular bulk builds on Solaris, and a number
of people using pkgsrc in production environments on Solaris.

If there are packages you care about on Solaris, please do report them. If
you have patches that fix them, even better. :)

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget