Subject: Re: bmake update looping on MacOSX (proc table full)
To: Ronald van der Pol <Ronald.vanderPol@rvdp.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/06/2004 07:42:28
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Ronald van der Pol wrote:

> I am now installing those packages one by one with pkg_delete/reinstall.
> That seems to be working. Is deinstall/reinstall better? I am getting
> really confused by all those options (pkg_delete/deinstall/upgrade).

"make deinstall" and pkg_delete are basically the same. (The "deinstall"
target runs pkg_delete using -K switch to select your package database
directory and setting that in the environment too.)

The "make reinstall" is basically the same as the "make install" but it
removes the newly generated work/.PLIST work/.package_done and
work/.install_done files first.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/