Subject: Re: openoffice-linux
To: Paul (NCC/CS). <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@fs.tum.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/05/2004 11:31:14
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 12:43:32PM +1000, Paul (NCC/CS). wrote:
> I wonder can someone help me please, I have 1.6.2 on i386
> and I can't get a wordprocessor to work.
>
> I installed openoffice-linux successfully.
> But when I run soffice as the instructions say, I get :
> "The application cannot be started.
> "The configuration service is not available.
> " Start the setup to repair blah blah...
>
> So I start the setup pgm and it says it has repaired
> successfully.
>
> But when I re run soffice again I get the same error
> message as before.

does /emul/linux/etc/mtab exist (its content doesn't matter)?

If it does, can you try to compile a kernel with the patch from rev. 1.61 to
1.62 of src/sys/compat/linux/common/linux_file.c applied (i.e. in this file
replace the "sys_read" in line 983 by a "sys_pread" and the "sys_write" in
line 1008 by a "sys_pwrite") and try again?

Cheers

Michael