Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/04/2004 20:59:42
On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 04:18:21PM -0400, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
>
> > I will alter the wrappers so that if "-v" is passed to the compiler,
> > then no extra flags are appended to the command line.  My change will
> > make this libtool change unncessary.
>
> OK, but don't revert it as the PKGREVISION has already been bumped.  I'll
> yank it on next libtool update (and will add a note to README.manual about
> that).  It's still a friggin' bogus check.  :)

Okay, I left the libtool patches untouched, and I agree that the check
_is_ somewhat bogus :)  Thanks for your work on making the libtool usage
in pkgsrc more vanilla so that pkgsrc-built packages don't differ nearly
so much from the POV of the "all the world runs Linux" crowd.

> However, LIBTOOL_REQD could be lowered back down to 1.5.10 (no nb1) in
> bsd.pkg.mk once this fix is committed.

This is what I did.  People shouldn't need to update anything after this
change.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>