Subject: Re: which LOCALBASE to use on non-NetBSD systems?
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Volker A. Brandt <vab@bb-c.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/01/2004 17:36:04
grant beattie writes:
> personally, I'm too used to /usr/pkg, so while I'm happy to migrate to
> the /opt/pkg world, I would probably symlink /usr/pkg -> /opt/pkg :)

FWIW, I use /opt/local on all platforms (Solaris, Mac OS X,
NetBSD/{sparc|x86}.  I use a symlink from /usr/pkg, and one from
/usr/local, both pointing to /opt/local.  One of these days I'll
sit down and figure out what still needs the /usr/pkg symlink, zap
the link, and rebuild all those packages.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt                  Consulting and Support for Sun Solaris
Brandt & Brandt Computer GmbH              WWW: http://www.bb-c.de/~vab/
Meckenheim, Germany                                   Email: vab@bb-c.de