Subject: Re: pkgsrc SunOS 5.9/sparc bulk build results 2004-09-30
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/30/2004 22:53:48
* On 2004-09-30 at 22:39 BST, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

> pkgsrc bulk build results
> SunOS 5.9/sun4u
>
>         CC_VERSION:     cc: Forte Developer 7 C 5.4 2002/03/09
>         CFLAGS:         -O -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
>         ABI:            64
>
>         Successfully packaged:          1190
>         Packages really broken:         1623
>         Pkgs broken due to them:        1850
>         Total broken:                   3473
>         Not packaged:                   305
>         Total:                          3778

Just a quick heads-up to show the progress made since jlam's new wrapper
framework went in.  The previous results for 64bit ABI SunOS build were:

>         Successfully packaged:          545
>         Packages really broken:         1698
>         Pkgs broken due to them:        2418
>         Total broken:                   4116
>         Not packaged:                   304
>         Total:                          4420

That's pretty impressive improvement!  Many thanks to Johnny for his
work; it's amazing to see how easy it is becoming to instantly fix >500
packages with a few tweaks.  Hopefully we can provide some more in the
coming weeks and get towards the 2,000 mark alongside the 32bit builds.

> Packages not listed here resulted in a binary package. The build
> report, including logs of failed/not-packaged is available from:
>
> ftp://ftp0.mh.bbc.co.uk/pub/pkgsrc/pkgstat/20040930.0411/broken.html

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/