Subject: Re: recursive pkg_tarup?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Bolgheroni <dbolgheroni@unifei.edu.br>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/27/2004 20:46:25
The same feature I was asking about two weeks ago, probably. pkg_tarup
doesn't work if you want to "tarup" dependencies too, even if in the
man pages there is a "-a" parameter that supposely do the job. Also,
"make package" will not do if you already have the packages installed,
as Jeremy C. Reed answered in that thread.

A good way to do this is setup a chroot'ed environment and build the
packages you want with "make package". Also, you can setup a sandbox
for a bulk build of packages, also in a chroot'ed environment, but
specifying the packages you want in /usr/pkgsrc/mk/bulk (or wherever you
pkgsrc is located). So, whatever the way you choose, you can install
packages later with pkg_add(1).

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/binary.html#id2533678