Subject: Re: postgresql74-client shouldn't require readline
To: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/24/2004 09:17:21
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Chris Ross wrote:

>    When did NetBSD start using the /etc/rc.d/ scripts in the form
> that 2.x does?  Do we have to worry about any previous system,
> or is that not considered relevant anymore?

The rc.d implementation appears to have been added into NetBSD in March of
2000. It has been in official since NetBSD 1.5 was released in December,
2000.

We don't have to worry about previous NetBSD systems. And also we do have
packages to provide rcorder and rc.subr for platforms that want to use it.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/