Subject: Re: Generating .tgz With Installed Packages
To: Daniel Bolgheroni <dbolgheroni@unifei.edu.br>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/17/2004 17:13:50
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:

> > The normal way to create packages is to run "make package". This can
> > be done if you haven't cleaned out the pkgsrc directories.
>
> Fine! But what about creating packages of dependencies too?

If not installed yet, then "make package" will package up the dependencies
after it installs them.

> As I compiled firefox-gtk2 earlier, it was very fast to create the
> package. But it didn't create for dependencies too. I tried to set
> PKG_DEPENDS=yes in /etc/mk.conf but without success.

I don't think PKG_DEPENDS is used anywhere. I do see it mention in
documentation, but I can't find its use. (Does anyone know why it is in
Packages.txt?)

After the fact, there is not an automated way to do it yet, other than
pkg_tarup_all to package all.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/