Subject: Re: options for modules for apache2
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/17/2004 15:08:09
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> By the way, Apache HTTPD 2 source includes various modules we do not
> enable such as:....

A bunch of these have no external dependencies, right? I see no reason
not to just enable them. None of them change the behaviour of the web
server without configuration, right? However, if there are objections,
why don't we compile them as shared libraries, so that people with a
binary package can at least enable them without recompiling.

I think it's informative to keep in mind how the general experience
might compare between users of NetBSD and Red Hat/Debian/whatever when
using only the standard pre-compiled binary packages available from each
vendor.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org
     Make up enjoying your city life...produced by BIC CAMERA