Subject: Re: Undefined symbol "sigwait" again
To: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/15/2004 10:38:00
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Nick Hudson wrote:

> > > It is available in 2.0_BETA or -current.
> >
> > But it appears to be available in libpth and libpthread too which are
> > linked (in my case).
>
> Oh... where is the dlsym(2) call?

It is *UND* (undefined) by libpth and libpthread. I don't know much about
this. The dlysm(3) man page says: "These functions are not in a library.
They are included in every dynamically linked program automatically."

In my case, I added debugging to the problem program to print out the
dlerror after each dlsym.

rainier:~/tmp$ bbconf
dlerror() is Undefined symbol "sigwait"
dlerror() is Undefined symbol "_maker"
unable to create plugin from /usr/pkg/lib/bbconf/plugins/libthemes.so

ldd bbconf has:
         -lpthread.20 => /usr/pkg/lib/libpthread.so.20

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/