Subject: perl ports info?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Carl Brewer <carl@bl.echidna.id.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/13/2004 20:49:44
Hello,

I'm trying to get RT 3.2.1 to install on my 1.6.2 (i386) server,
it's got a pile of perl module dependancies, some of which
are served by the current ports tree, and a few that aren't.
Rather than try and cobble together a hybrid of ports and
normal perl module installs, I thought it best to stick
with one or the other (especially as the ports perl
doesn't seem to like installing modules 'normally')

What's the process to use to go about adding (ore requesting that
they get added by someone with the authority to do so) perl
modules to the ports tree, and upgrading some - for example
p5-DBD-mysql is currently at 2.9004, but the ports tree
version was quite a lot older than that.  I just changed the
makefile in that port to pull 2.9004 and it seems ok so far.

thanks

Carl