Subject: Re: www/Mosaic?
To: Georg Schwarz <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/12/2004 23:45:50
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:19:28 +0200 (Georg Schwarz) wrote:

> It looks like www/Mosaic has been removed from pkgsrc. I still have the
> directory, but unfortunately not the pkgsrc patches.

You updated w/o -dP, right?

> Are they still
> available somewhere?

Yes, in CVS.  Just update that directory with the right date, before its

> With some minor modification I got Mosaic to build on my Indigo running
> IRIX 5.3 (actually the second browser I managed to build after lynx).
> Surely it is pretty much unusable these days, but it nicely reminds me
> of how things were back in ca. 1994 or so..
> Anyway, is there maybe some nostalgia section of pkgsrc that still keeps
> such stuff? I understand that this is not the software you want for
> modern production systems, but nevertheless I find it sad to see it
> getting kicked out.

Search the tech-pkg@ archives; there was some discussion about which packages
should be removed, together with some reasons, and one of them was Mosaic.
This happened before the 2004Q2 branch was created, IIRC.

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The NetBSD Project -