Subject: Re: qt3-libs on Linux
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/12/2004 02:15:30
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Sep 2004, Louis Guillaume wrote:
>

>>Looks like the same thing's happening with building gcc34...
>

>>creating Makefile
>>CONFIG_FILES=Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status

>>creating Makefile
>>CONFIG_FILES=Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status
>

> ... and again and again ...
>
> I am not sure. Make sure your pkgsrc is up-to-date. And make sure your mk
> files don't have any problems.
>
> Maybe try setting your PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL to 2 and see if you get any more
> debugging that may help.

forgot to set PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL, but I did clear out pkgsrc/mk and updated
from CVS. Also re-bootstrapped. Now it seems we're back in business! At
least gcc is building. I'll see about qt-tools later.

Thanks very much for you help.

Next thing I'd like to do is dump as many of these slackware packages as
possible. I've been making binary packages as I go. Perhaps (eventually)
I can re-bootstrap and re-install with LOCALBASE=/usr. Or is it too late?

Thanks again,

Louis