Subject: Re: qt3-libs on Linux
To: Louis Guillaume <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/11/2004 23:21:14
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Louis Guillaume wrote:

> forgot to set PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL, but I did clear out pkgsrc/mk and updated
> from CVS. Also re-bootstrapped. Now it seems we're back in business! At
> least gcc is building. I'll see about qt-tools later.

> Thanks very much for you help.

You are welcome.

> Next thing I'd like to do is dump as many of these slackware packages as
> possible. I've been making binary packages as I go. Perhaps (eventually)
> I can re-bootstrap and re-install with LOCALBASE=/usr. Or is it too late?

Not too late. But sometimes it can be hardwork. And sometimes dangerous --
because could accidently deinstall an essential package. (Soon I hope to
use /usr for only essential packages and /usr/pkg for everything else.)

I have a webpage at about some
of my plans of using LOCALBASE=/usr. The downloads are out-of-date and I
need to put up a new mirror with some newer packages.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links