Subject: /usr/pkg/XFree86 ??
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/2004 09:10:23
Hello!

For some strange reason, my XFree86 packages are being installed in
/usr/pkg/XFree86 instead of /usr/pkg/X11R6 as is specified in mk.conf:

X11_BASE=/usr/pkg/X11R6
X11_TYPE=XFree86

This is on Slackware Linux (9.1). There seems to be a /usr/pkg/X11R6
directory. But it may be left over from a prior attempt at getting
pkgsrc working. I deleted all packages and decided to start fresh. There
is also /usr/X11R6, which I assume was put there by some slackware
packages, although I've slimmed those down even beyond Martti's list.

Can someone explain why this is happening, and perhaps what a good
course of action would be?

Thanks

Louis