Subject: Re: Remove devel/cmdline?
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/2004 20:58:18
--YrlhzR9YrZtruaFS

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 08:13:57AM +0000, Johnny C. Lam wrote:

> I think that, moving forward, if the package won't build using GCC 3.x
> and there are no forthcoming updates or fixes, we should just mark the
> package as BROKEN.  FWIW, for this particular package, I originally
> imported it and I think I was probably the only one that ever used it.
> There are much better C++ classes for cmdline support nowadays, and
> devel/cmdline is dead code, so I say we should just remove it.

if this package really is dead, then removing it is ok.

a package not building with gcc3, in the general case, is not nearly a
convincing enough reason to remove it; we support a *much* wider
audience than that - marking it broken w/ gcc3 should be the default
action for such packages.

grant.

--YrlhzR9YrZtruaFS

--YrlhzR9YrZtruaFS--