Subject: Re: UN{BUILDLINK,WRAP}_FILES question
To: Dan McMahill <dmcmahill@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/2004 08:06:47
On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 01:21:12AM -0400, Dan McMahill wrote:
> I'm trying to fix a problem with math/octave-current where we
> need the path to the gcc3 toolchain to end up in /usr/pkg/mkoctfile.
>
> In (my hacked) math/octave-current/Makefile I have
>
> # Makes sure the correct compiler name gets into mkoctfile
> CONFIGURE_ENV+=         CC=${PKG_CC}
> CONFIGURE_ENV+=         CPP=${PKG_CPP}
> CONFIGURE_ENV+=         CXX=${PKG_CXX}
> CONFIGURE_ENV+=         FC=${PKG_FC}
> CONFIGURE_ENV+=         F77=${PKG_FC}
>
> UNBUILDLINK_FILES+=     mkoctfile octave-bug src/oct-conf.h
>
> yet in the installed mkoctfile, I end up with lines like:
>
> : ${CC="/usr/pkgsrc-current/math/octave-current/work/.gcc/bin/gcc"}
>
> Is there something simple I'm doing wrong?  Or maybe UNBUILDLINK_FILES
> or UNWRAP_FILES doesn't deal with gcc.mk stuff?

Hmm... I nuked UNBUILDLINK_FILES but forgot to change the comments in
bsd.buildlink3.mk.  I'll update the comments now, but your Makefile
should be changed to use UNWRAP_FILES.

However, that won't fix the problem you're experiencing where you're
trying to embed the actual path to the compiler in your installed
scripts.  I think that the full path shouldn't be there at all -- just
a bare "cc" should suffice.  However, if you really need that information,
I can make some adjustments to the compiler.mk framework to provide
that information.  Is this something that you think you'll need?

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>