Subject: Re: khtml font rendering problem
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/2004 11:46:28
On Wednesday 08 September 2004 00:52, Mark Kirby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have upgraded kde to 3.3.0 and have been using it for a few days now. All
> is good except that on certain web pages, e.g.
> http://www.kdedevelopers.org/blog/ the punctuation is not rendered. Speach
> marks, apostrophies, colons, semi colons etc are replaced by little empty
> boxes. If i make the font really small or really large i can see them. It
> doesn't matter what font sizes or fonts i tell konqueror to use i can never
> see the punctuation unless i then increase/decrease the fonts using the
> magnifying glass buttons.
>
> Im using NetBSD 2.0G and X 4.4.0.
>
> Is anyone else seeing anything like this?

Mine is NetBSD-current/i386 + XFree86 4.4 from base + KDE 3.3.0 and all works
just fine.

http://ianzag.megasignal.com/ss/ss35.png (blog)
http://ianzag.megasignal.com/ss/ss36.png (vesions)

Probably you have problems with fonts ? As a base font i'm using anti-aliased
Verdana 9 points from fonts/ms-ttf package.

// wbr