Subject: Fixing nbsed [was: pkgsrc NetBSD 2.0_BETA/i386 bulk build results
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/08/2004 00:01:09
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 19:09:00 +0000 (UTC)
Krister Walfridsson <kristerw@netbsd.org> wrote:

> textproc/nbsed                     tech-pkg@NetBSD.org

This package fails because it defines a symbol, EMPTY, inside an enum.
However, this is already #defined by utmpx.h, which is pulled in by
nbcompat.h, so the enum ends up with a numeric value in it and causes
a syntax error.

The easy fixes are to either change the name used in sed's defs.h to
something else than EMPTY, or to #undef that constant before it's used
to define the enum.  The later is ugly, so I think we should go with
the former (maybe using ARG_EMPTY or something like that).

But... should this fix only be done in pkgsrc's sed?  Or should we also
apply it to the base sed?  (to eliminate a difference and simplify
maintenance).

Thanks.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>