Subject: wrapper-mk-20040906 snapshot released
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
Date: 09/07/2004 10:19:13
I've uploaded a new snapshot of the wrapper script framework at:
To use it, move your existing pkgsrc/mk out of the way, then extract
the tarball into the pkgsrc directory, e.g.:
mv mk mk.OLD
tar zxvf wrapper-mk-20040906.tgz
This version passes all current regression tests. Please test and let
me know how it works. Thanks!
-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
* shell-lib was moved into pkgsrc/mk/scripts; correct references to that
file in the wrapper code.
* Use opt-sub instead of sub-mangle when protecting -I/usr/include/*
and -L/usr/lib/* from buildlink transformations. This avoids adding
lines that look like "-I-I..." in the transformation sedfiles.
* mangle and sub-mangle are only meant to transform directories in
-I, -L, and rpath options, so remove the lines in
buildlink3/gen-transform.sh that transformed bare directories.
* Fix bug in strip-slashdot where the "." wasn't backquoted and thus
matched all characters instead of only the "." character.
* Change the libtool wrapper to use a modified buildcmd script that
doesn't rearrange any of the arguments. This should fix spurious
problems where libtool doesn't understand how to parse the command
line when the -l options are moved to the end of the argument list.
* Fix bug in the logic script where the $cachearg and $cachedarg
weren't being properly set at all times, which caused the cache to
contain the wrong transformed argument.