Subject: Re: taking a long time to check maximum length of command line
To: Jeremy C. Reed <>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/31/2004 20:00:58
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:42:43 -0700 (PDT)
"Jeremy C. Reed" <> wrote:

> For some reason, the section appears to be skipped.
> For example on NetBSD/amiga 1.5.x I did in converters/libiconv
> And both didn't show the maximum command line length. So I commented out
> the checks for GNU_CONFIGURE and USE_LIBTOOL and the commands above worked
> to show the values.
> Maybe I am supposed to use some PHASE setting to make show-var work
> correctly?

The problem in this specific package is that it includes very early, at which
point USE_LIBTOOL and GNU_CONFIGURE are not yet defined.  Moving that chunk of
the Makefile below should fix the problem (but then, PKG_FAIL_REASON is "out of

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The NetBSD Project -