Subject: Re: kde + fontconfig
To: None <>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/31/2004 13:47:35

Jan Schaumann <> wrote:
> After updating KDE, the 'konsole' application complained that it
> couldn't find a certain font.  (It suggested reading a certain file that
> does not exist, but that's a different issue. ;-)
> In order to solve that problem, I addedd
> <dir>/usr/pkg/share/kde/fonts</dir>
> <dir>/usr/pkg/share/fonts</dir>
> to ${PREFIX}/etc/fonctconfig/fonts.conf
> and re-ran fc-cache.

Ok, I spoke too soon.  Apparently this didn't fix _all_ the problems.
This fixed the problem for some fonts, but apparently KDE is still
unable to use 'Unicode'.  It complains that it doesn't find the font

Curiously enough, though, this font is in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/9x15.pcf.gz as well as in
/usr/pkg/share/kde/fonts/9x15.pcf.gz (and their respective fonts.dir do
show that).

What's going on here?  Anybody know how to get KDE to use that font?

"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a=20
month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis."

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (NetBSD)