Subject: Re: kde + fontconfig
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/31/2004 13:47:35
--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> wrote:
=20
> After updating KDE, the 'konsole' application complained that it
> couldn't find a certain font.  (It suggested reading a certain file that
> does not exist, but that's a different issue. ;-)
>=20
> In order to solve that problem, I addedd
>=20
> <dir>/usr/pkg/share/kde/fonts</dir>
> <dir>/usr/pkg/share/fonts</dir>
>=20
> to ${PREFIX}/etc/fonctconfig/fonts.conf
>=20
> and re-ran fc-cache.

Ok, I spoke too soon.  Apparently this didn't fix _all_ the problems.
This fixed the problem for some fonts, but apparently KDE is still
unable to use 'Unicode'.  It complains that it doesn't find the font
-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-140-75-75-c-90-iso10646-1

Curiously enough, though, this font is in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/9x15.pcf.gz as well as in
/usr/pkg/share/kde/fonts/9x15.pcf.gz (and their respective fonts.dir do
show that).

What's going on here?  Anybody know how to get KDE to use that font?

-Jan

--=20
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a=20
month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis."

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7--