Subject: Re: taking a long time to check maximum length of command line arguments
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/31/2004 10:17:23
On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 05:04:31PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 65536
>
> The above may have taken five or ten minutes on a production NetBSD/amiga
> 1.5 system I am using today. This happened a couple times. (I am building
> libtool-base.)
>
> What is the best way to make autoconf configure scripts in general to skip
> this?

This check is overriden by defs.NetBSD.mk for all packages that have
GNU_CONFIGURE and USE_LIBTOOL set.

However, building libtool by itself does not define USE_LIBTOOL, so the
value is not applied to it.  Maybe changing the conditional in defs.*.mk
to something like:

.if defined(GNU_CONFIGURE) && \
    (defined(USE_LIBTOOL) || ${PKG_BASE} == "libtool")

works?

Cheers

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>