Subject: pkgsrc package compat16 and 1.6.1 libraries
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Richard M Kreuter <kreuter@progn.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/30/2004 12:51:41
Hello,

(I'm not sure if this is the right address to send this messge; if
not, I'm sorry.)

I've got two questions about the compat16 package for NetBSD:

(1) Having installed it, what do I need to do to cause executables
built under NetBSD 1.6.1 to use the libraries installed in
/usr/pkg/emul/netbsd16? It doesn't seem that there's any magic path
rewriting going on as there is for Linux emulation. Is there supposed
to be?

(2) I noticed that compat16 doesn't include libfreetype.so.8, which
was included in NetBSD 1.6.1. Is the compat16 package intended only to
support the final release in the 1.6 branch, or all of them? (This is
just for informational purposes; if I find out the answer to (1), I'll
just copy over the libraries from a NetBSD 1.6.1 release into
emul/netbsd16.)

Thank you,
Richard Kreuter