Subject: Re: does pkgsrc have gencat?
To: Georg Schwarz <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/30/2004 09:00:24
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Georg Schwarz wrote:

> Does pkgsrc provide a version of gencat?

I am surprised to see that it does not. My gencat is provided by own
custom glibc package (built using pkgsrc).

Some glibc packages are in pkgsrc-wip, but it seems like overkill for
just gencat. Then again, glibc could provide you with many functions you
are missing on your IRIX.

> The reason I am asking is that when building comms/lrzsz the native
> gencat on IRIX 5.3 fails:
> lorenz 245% /usr/bin/gencat de.msg
> de.msg: set 1 msg 71: Invalid message length
> Unexpected line -- Skipped

I also get a variety of gencat errors when I use gencat from glibc, so
maybe you will have different errors.

Maybe you can package up the gencat from NetBSD source?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links