Subject: Re: does pkgsrc have gencat?
To: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/30/2004 09:00:24
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Georg Schwarz wrote:

> Does pkgsrc provide a version of gencat?

I am surprised to see that it does not. My gencat is provided by own
custom glibc package (built using pkgsrc).

Some glibc packages are in pkgsrc-wip, but it seems like overkill for
just gencat. Then again, glibc could provide you with many functions you
are missing on your IRIX.

> The reason I am asking is that when building comms/lrzsz the native
> gencat on IRIX 5.3 fails:
>
> lorenz 245% /usr/bin/gencat de.cat de.msg
> de.msg: set 1 msg 71: Invalid message length
> Unexpected line -- Skipped

I also get a variety of gencat errors when I use gencat from glibc, so
maybe you will have different errors.

Maybe you can package up the gencat from NetBSD source?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/