Subject: Re: why dependency on patch when there are no patches?
To: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
From: Roland Illig <roland.illig@gmx.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/29/2004 17:22:04
Georg Schwarz wrote:
> Building pkgtools/pkgdiff I noticed the following:
>
> ===> Required installed package patch>=2.2: patch-2.5.4nb2 found
>
> pkgtools/pkgdiff does not have a patches directory (which would not make
> any sense anyway). So why does it claim to require patch to build?

$ head -n 2 pkgtools/pkgdiff/DESCR
This package contains four tools to ease creating and maintaining
patches for pkgsrc: mkpatches, patchdiff, pkgdiff, and pkgvi.
$ ^d

Mkpatches makes use of gpatch on some systems. And just for the case
that the configure stage would autodetect the tools required at runtime,
these are installed before configuring and building the package.

Roland