Subject: wrapper-20040826 snapshot released
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/27/2004 09:25:32
I've uploaded a new snapshot of the wrapper script framework at:

	http://www.NetBSD.org/~jlam/wrapper-20040826.tgz

To use it, extract it into a clean pkgsrc/mk, then patch the pkgsrc/mk
files with wrapper.diff, e.g.:

	cd /usr/pkgsrc/mk
	ftp http://www.NetBSD.org/~jlam/wrapper-20040826.tgz
	tar zxvf wrapper-20040826.tgz
	patch < wrapper.diff

This is pretty close to the final version of the framework.  Please
test and let me know how it works.  Thanks!

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>

20040826
========
* Rewrite buildlink3/gen-transform.sh to produce more precise sed commands.
  Drop some unused commands from the mini-language, and add a few more
  that are more restrictive in their scope.

* Fix problem where repeated options weren't properly handled by some
  of sed commands.  It's not enough that they're "global replace",
  since some patterns match separator characters before and after each
  option.  We must repeat those patterns twice to catch all instances
  correctly.

* Fix problem noted in both PR pkg/24760 and PR pkg/25500, where
  -L/usr/lib/* was being mangled improperly.

* Remove the top-level "buildlink" target; instead, make buildlinking
  occur as part of the "wrapper" target.

* Add more debugging code.