Subject: Re: tcsh and Linux and ncurses
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Kimmo Suominen <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/26/2004 23:51:50
What Linux distribution are you using?  The Linux systems that I've used
all have libcurses symlinked to libncurses.

I don't think gencat should use LANG/LC_CTYPE from the environment to
validate catalog source files, so as you pointed out, that seems like a
gencat bug on the distribution you use.

Out of curiosity, what is the LANG/LC_CTYPE value you had originally?
(Unset is "C".)  Changing LANG/LC_CTYPE in the package Makefile is not
an easy task, as locale names differ across platforms.

Regards,
+ Kim
--
Kimmo Suominen