Subject: Re: tcsh and Linux and ncurses
To: maintainer for pkgsrc's tcsh <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/26/2004 18:39:04
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> ../tcsh.et.m:4: invalid character: message ignored
> ../tcsh.et.m:6: invalid character: message ignored
> ../tcsh.et.m:9: invalid character: message ignored
> ../tcsh.et.m:10: invalid character: message ignored

I think that error is from gencat. I have gencat (GNU libc)  2.3.2.

I worked around this by setting LANG=et_EE in my environment:

reed@puget:/usr/pkgsrc/shells/tcsh$ export LANG=et_EE
reed@puget:/usr/pkgsrc/shells/tcsh$ bmake
===> Checking for vulnerabilities in tcsh-6.13.00
===> Building for tcsh-6.13.00
et
finnish
french
german
greek
italian
ja
pl
russian
spanish
ukrainian
=> Fixing buildlink references in files-to-be-installed.

Also, I wonder if patch-ad should check for Linux too.

I was able to install and package after that LANG setting above.

I also depend on ncurses. What can we do instaed of just adding a ncurses
buildlink since others don't want it?

> p.s. Does anyone care if I add to pkgsrc a variable called TERM_TYPE that
> can be set to curses or termcap or ncurses? It can default to "termcap"
> and so the packages that don't have a ncurses dependency could just
> default to same behaviour as now.

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/