Subject: Linting pkgsrc.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/26/2004 16:02:45
I filed a PR today that received very swift turnaround from Jeremy Reed.

One of the aspects that came up is that the pkgsrc lint tool can detect
the absense of DESCR files (a missing DESCR was the subject of the PR).
Perhaps the original committer never had a DESCR, or perhaps they forgot
to include what they had.

I asked if there was anyone doing en masse linting of pkgsrc.  Jeremy
didn't know and thought that I should suggest it to the list.  There
*is* a makefile target for doing this.

P.S.: If for some reason you care about my promptly reading any replies
to this, please Cc me.  I don't subscribe to the list and mail-index
has not been archiving any of the lists that I read for about 4 days.
(As a general rule, it helps to Cc me anyway.)