Subject: devel/swig dependancies
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Martin S. Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/26/2004 15:32:15
Hoi List,

I'm just wondering about swig dependancies. swig "needs"
python, perl and tcl in the NetBSD pkgsrc. Actually it
needs none of those. It could as well be used for developing
to Ocaml, S-Exps or whatever. Can those dependancies please
be removed ? I just did so locally, and it finds tcl and
perl on its own (and I don't see why I should install python
when using swig to create wrappers for another language); i.e.
the package builds fine.

If we really want to have dependancies on the languages swig
can be used for (i.e. so that they are present when swig is
compiled), we should either list -all- of them or -none-.

I'd opt for the latter :)

Regards,

-Martin