Subject: Re: Can't build packages due to pkgtools/digest failing
To: Mark Kirby <>
From: Gabor Z. Papp <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/22/2004 14:41:29
* Mark Kirby <>:

| I'm unable to build any packages because digest fails. When trying to
| configure digest fails with
| ===> Configuring for digest-20021220
| configure: WARNING: If you want to set the --build type, don't use --host.
| 	If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
| configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh ./config.sub
| *** Error code 1

Same happend here a few days ago with graphics/jpeg package.
The problem was the wrong permission of mk/gnu-config/config.guess file.
It must be executable, but I don't know why, after a few cvs checkouts
something modify it all the time...

$ chmod 755 pkgsrc/mk/gnu-config/config.guess
$ chmod 755 pkgsrc/mk/gnu-config/config.sub

See the thread