Subject: Who cares about stabilized branches (lots of security updates needed) ?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Braun <syn@sceen.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/22/2004 11:54:39
--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

Hello,

As I was trying to update packages on my servers, I found that many
packages were not up to date in the stabilized branch (currently
pkgsrc-2004Q2) concerning security issues. When a security alert
is known, and the main branch is updated, why does nobody care about
the stabilized branch ?! I don't think the main branch is suitable
for production use, and many sysadmins will want to use the pkgsrc-2004Q2
branch some time before switching to the next one. Currently my main
problem is about spamassassin but I remember having problems with other
packages too in the past.

--=20
Richard Braun

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc